Dr. Matthew Budoff is at the forefront of the medical community’s efforts to develop early detection methods for cardiac disease, the number one cause of death in the U.S. Given that approximately 50 percent of U.S. heart disease victims learn of their illness by experiencing a sometimes fatal heart attack, Dr. Budoff has devoted much of his time over the past 20 years to advancing procedures that can help doctors identify cardiac patients early, and place them on a therapeutic path to prevent a heart attack.
Read more »
- M.D., 1990, George Washington University School of Medicine
- Fellowship, 1994-1997, Cardiology, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
- Internship and Residency, 1990-1993, Internal Medicine, Harbor – UCLA
- Professor of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
- Program Director and Director of Cardiac CT, Division of Cardiology, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
- Attending Physician, Department of Medicine, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
- Investigator, LA BioMed
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- US News Top Doctors – Cardiology, 2011
- Simon Dack Award for Outstanding Scholarship, 2011
- Who’s Who in America, 2011
- America’s Top Doctors, 2009, 2011
- Southern California Superdoctors 2011
- America’s Top Cardiologists, 2010
- 2000 Outstanding Scientists, 2010
- Top Oral Abstract at American Heart Association, 2009
Recent and/or Significant Studies:
Beneficial effects of aged garlic extract and coenzyme Q10 on vascular elasticity and endothelial function: The FAITH randomized clinical trial.
Larijani VN, Ahmadi N, Zeb I, Khan F, Flores F, Budoff M.
Nutrition. 2012 Aug 1.
Interpreting the coronary-artery calcium score.
N Engl J Med. 2012 Apr 19;366(16):1550-1
Coronary calcium and events in four ethnic groups.
Nasir K, Budoff MJ, Blumenthal R.
N Engl J Med. 2008 Jul 10;359(2):203; author reply 204.