Dr. Christina Wang’s research focus includes male reproduction, basic and clinical studies on hormonal regulation of spermatogenesis, male contraception, androgen replacement, androgen metabolism, androgens and the prostate, reproductive toxicology, Klinefelter’s Syndrome and its animal models, hormonal measurments and semen analyses methods.
Read more »
- F.R.C.P., 1988, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow, U.K.
- F.R.A.C.P., 1975, Royal Australian College of Physicians
- M.D., 1974, University of Hong Kong
- Residency in Medicine, 1969-1972, University of Hong Kong
- Internship in Medicine, 1968-1969, University of Hong Kong
- Associate Director, UCLA Clinical and Translational Science Center Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
- Professor of Medicine and Assistant Dean for Clinical and Translational Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
- Physician Specialist, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center and LA BioMed
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- President, International Society of Andrology (ISA), 2009-2013
- President, Western Association of Physicians (WAP), 2007-2008
- President, American Society of Andrology (ASA), 2006-2007
Recent and/or Significant Studies:
Accuracy of calculated free testosterone formulae in men.
Ly Lam P, Sartorius Gideon, Hull Laura, Leung Andrew, Swerdloff Ronald S, Wang Christina, Handelsman David J
Clinical endocrinology. 2010; 73(3): 382-8.
Pharmacokinetics and safety of long-acting testosterone undecanoate injections in hypogonadal men: an 84-week phase III clinical trial.
Wang Christina, Harnett Mark, Dobs Adrian S, Swerdloff Ronald S
Journal of andrology. 2010; 31(5): 457-65.
Opposing roles of insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 and humanin in the regulation of testicular germ cell apoptosis
Lue YanHe, Swerdloff Ronald, Liu QingHai, Mehta Hemal, Hikim Amiya Sinha, Lee Kuk-Wha, Jia Yue, Hwang David, Cobb Laura J, Cohen Pinchas, Wang Christina.. Endocrinology. 2010; 151(1): 350-7.